When your teenage son asks for “more of that spaghetti please,” you know the recipe card should be treasured like a baby blanket in a cedar trunk.
In my life, that means it goes on my blog for safekeeping, at least until the Internet craze ends.
Sweet keepsake wishes,
Baked spaghetti marinara with tiny pepperoni
- 1 pound ground sirloin or hamburger
- 1/4 cup finely diced white or yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed OR 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- pepper to taste
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound spaghetti noodles
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 (24 ounces each) jars marinara sauce
- 15-16 ounces tomato sauce
- 4 ounce package pepperoni minis
Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Cook ground sirloin in medium frying pan with diced onion, onion salt, garlic and pepper until no longer pink. Stir in 1 cup mini pepperoni.
Boil spaghetti noodles until al dente. Reserve 1/4 cup pasta water. Drain.
In a large bowl stir together eggs, Parmesan cheese and cooked spaghetti noodles.
Spread thin layer of marinara in bottom of greased 13x9 pan. Top with spaghetti noodle mixture.
In a bowl, stir together pasta water, marinara and tomato sauce. Spread over noodles. Sprinkle cooked beef and pepperoni mixture onto sauce.
Layer with mozzarella cheese and top with mini pepperoni.
Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes. Uncover and bake until cheese is golden and pepperoni is crispy around the edges, 10-15 minutes. Remove from oven. Slice. Serve. Refrigerate leftovers.